Overhead Temporary Service Installation
1. Required conductor clearances are 18 feet over roads, 16.5 feet over a driveway. For lines not crossing land that will be subject to traffic of any kind (including vehicles, trucks, and horseback riders), the absolute minimum clearance is 12 feet. Point of delivery must be located higher so the lowest point of the conductors meets these clearances.
2. Pole to be located on the lot for which service is requested. Pole to be at least ten (10) feet away from the pole, and within 100 feet of the power pole that will serve the site.
3. Pole must be treated 6” X 6”or 6” diameter and installed at a sufficient depth, to stabilize the temporary meter base. Pole must have at least 3 braces.
4. Service line must not cross property belonging to others. If line will cross others’ property, customer must obtain an easement for HUB. HUB has the easement forms.
5. Customer shall clear a path through trees or brush that is wide enough to allow utility service personnel to run the line, and to allow lines to hang without contacting trees or limbs.
6. Service Conductor must come out of the weather head 12”-18”.