Apply for Service

When applying for electrical service, the Customer must complete and sign a formal application. If a customer cannot come into HUB’s office to complete the application, it can be faxed, mailed, or e-mailed to them. If the application is not signed in HUB’s office, the Customer’s signature must be notarized. A photo I.D. and one other type of I.D must be provided. If renting, customers will need to show their lease agreement. The lease should show the date, name of renter, location of the property, landlord's phone number, and be signed by the landlord. If the Customer is the homeowner, they will need to provide the deed, sales agreement or tax papers. A security deposit is required in many cases and is based on a credit inquiry through third-party verification. For more information regarding the security deposit, please refer to the Residential Deposit Policy and Commercial Deposit sections of the Rules and Regulations.

If the Customer is applying for new service for a house or mobile home, whether temporary or permanent, in Roane and Morgan Counties, they must bring their building permit which is available from the Building Inspector's Office.

If the Customer is applying for service to a dwelling or building which has had prior service and does not require a state inspection, HUB will try to have utilities turned on the following business day.

Before installing any wiring or equipment, customers will need to meet with a representative from HUB’s Engineering Department to discuss service arrangements and to have their meter base location spotted. This policy must be adhered to if customers wish to prevent unnecessary expense.

When the wiring is installed in a new dwelling or building and before it is concealed, customers will need to get a rough-in inspection. When the Customer is ready for permanent service, they will need to plan for a final inspection. After all fees have been paid, rights-of-way cleared, and inspections made by the State Deputy Electrical Inspector, service will nominally begin within 2 to 5 days depending on the weather and other scheduled work.

As a homeowner, customers are allowed to obtain one wiring permit per year. If they hire an electrician, a state issued license will need to be shown to obtain the permit.


Apply for Service

Copyright © 2018 Harriman Utility Board.